Thursday, September 13, 2007

What is blogging about?

Hey there bloggers.

I'm new to the world of blogging and until recently never understood the attraction. I've just finished the second day of an inspirational conference that discussed at length, collaboration in the world of web 2.0 and all that the term suggests. Fascinating stuff..... really!

Now a few short months ago you would have received a glazed and vacant expression on my face if you had said to me something like, "do you have a blog?". But with very little effort I've taken the giant step (for me) of starting my own blog!

In my role as web content coordinator for a government organisation I was given the fairly broad scope of finding out about Web 2.0 technologies and how we can use them to enhance communications. Having no idea at all on where to start, I Googled.... and googled..... and googled. I've come across some great information, some hype with little substance and some very difficult-to-understand stuff!

There is a labyrinth of information out there. I needed to put it into context which is where my attendance at the conference, aptly named Collaboration in the world of Web 2.0, comes in. As I said before, it was inspirational! Not only that, the presentations were useful and informative, but above all, it was a fun two days. Seriously!

Now having the context in which to apply my new found knowledge I've also experienced something of a "lightbulb" moment which has led me to seek out more.....

So here I am, writing on my very first blog. This is fun... and it strangely fulfils my dreams of becoming a published author... funny that!

Until next time, ka kite ano (see you later)!

No comments: